With the installation of the Everest Forms (Free Version), you can find 11 form fields in the form builder. These form fields are more than enough to create any contact form for your website.
To get you familiar with the form fields, we have made a list of the fields with their descriptions.
First Name and Last Name
The First Name and Last Name fields allow you to retrieve the first and last names of your users respectively.
Single Line Text
This form field allows you to retrieve any one-line text information from the user as per your requirements. This field comes in very handy when you need to add a custom field to your form which isn’t already on the form builder.
After you insert this field to your form, go to the field options. Here, you can change the label, description, and other advanced settings from the Field Options.
In the Advanced Options, you can see the settings such as:
- Placeholder Text: Enter the text for the form field placeholder.
- Hide Label: This option allows you to hide the field label in the form.
- Limit Length: This option allows you to limit the text length entered by users by characters or words count.
- Default Value: Enter the default text value for the form field.
- CSS Classes: Enter the CSS class names and make sure to separate them by commas.
- Input Mask: Allows you to enter the custom input mask.
This form field allows you to retrieve any type of information (usually a paragraph) from the user. You can use this field to get descriptive and lengthy responses from your users.
Like any other form field, you can click to edit the form label, description, and more form options
To change the form Field Options, you must click on the Paragraph field. Now, you can see the various options such as Label, Meta Key, Description and Required. Also, there is the Advanced Options (Same as Single Line Text field)where you can set the Placeholder Text, Hide Lable, Limit Length, Default value, CSS Class and Input Mask.
This field allows you to add multiple options for the user to choose from. The options are presented in a drop-down menu, and users can select only one option.
After you insert the field, go to the Field Options. Here, you can change the label, description, and add as many options as you require to your dropdown form field.
This field allows you to add multiple choices that are displayed by radio buttons.
In the Field Options, you can add as many choices as you like but, the user can only choose one.
Now, Everest Forms 1.6.0 allows you to use Images in your choices. This means you can easily upload images to your Multiple Choice field as options to display in your forms.
For this, go to the Field Options and you can see the Use Image Choices options there.
After you check that option, you can easily upload the images for each of your choices. Just click on the Upload Image button to select the required image from your computer or your media library.
Also, you can even change or remove the selected images easily in the field options. To remove the picture, click on the Remove button and click on the Change Image button to select a new image that is required.
This field allows you to add multiple choices that are displayed by checkboxes.
In the Field Options, you can add as many choices as you require, and the user can check(select) more than one option.
Just like the Multiple Choice field, you can also use Images for the options in the Checkbox field. The process is the same as the Multiple Choice field. Go to Field Options and check the Use Image Choices options. Then, you can easily upload the required images as your choices for the Checkbox field.
This field allows you to receive any numerical information in your forms. You can use this field for accepting users’ contact numbers or any other numerical values.
From the Field Options, you can change the field label according to your requirements. Furthermore, you can change additional settings for this field in the Advanced Options.
- Step: Allows the users to enter specific legal number intervals.
- Min Value: The minimum numerical value users are allowed to enter.
- Max Value: The maximum numerical value users are allowed to enter.
- Default Value: Set the default value to display in the form field.
- Placeholder Text: Enter the text that informs the users of what to enter in the field.
This field allows users to enter their email addresses. And, checks if the user has entered a valid email address on the frontend.
In the Field Options, you can see the Label, Description, Required and Enable Email Confirmation Options. So, you can change the Fields Option as per your requirements.
Website / URL
This field allows users to enter their company website URL or personal URL.
Date / Time
This field allows users to enter the requested date and time on your form.
In the Field Options, you can change the Label, Format, and Description. Also, there is the Advanced Options where you can change more options for the Date / Time field.
- Date Format: There are Four date formats that you can choose from.
- Date Localization: This option allows you to choose the desired date localization to display.
- Date Mode: There are three choices here. They are Single, Range and Multiple.
- Default to current date: Check this option to set the current date as default.
- Enable Min Max date: Check this option set the Minimum and Maximum Date.
Everest Forms Form Fields (PRO)
There are more form fields that Everest Forms offers. But these form fields are inaccessible in the free version.
Therefore, you need to purchase a pro plan of Everest Forms to unlock the pro form fields.