Everest Forms mailchimp addon allows you to synchroize everest forms with MailChimp.
- Firstly, you need to purchase the everest forms pro plugin.
- After the successful purchase, you will get the plugin zip file under your WPEverest account page.
- Now, you can download the everest forms pro plugin and MailChimp add on from there.
- Through your WordPress Dashboard, visit Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and then choose the downloaded zip file and then install and activate it.
- Now you are ready to use this add-on for your site.
Setup and Configuration
Once, you have completed the above mentioned task of installing and activating the plugin, now let’s move ahead on setting up this add-on for your site.
Firstly, To properly setup your organization’s MailChimp integration you will first need your MailChimp API Key. To locate your API Key please follow the steps below:
1. Login to your MailChimp account via http://mailchimp.com
2. Once logged in to MailChimp, click on the Account Name at the top of the left hand side bar and select Profile.
3. Click on Extras and a drop down will appear. From here, select API Keys. Under Your API Keys you’ll find your API Key listed in the table below.
Then, you need to enter the MailChimp api. Navigate to Everest Forms->Settings->Integration->Mailchimp->Add New Connection. Enter the MailChimp API and MailChimp Nick Name and connect to MailChimp. You can connect to multiple MailChimp API.
Now, let us move into mapping everest forms fields to MailChimp list fields. Navigate to Everest Forms->Select a form->Integration->MailChimp->Add new connection.
On the left panel, you can select account to subscribe the users. Also, you can add new account from there. Select a List in MailChimp where you want to add the subscribers, and map the everest forms fields to your MailChimp fields.
Use double opt-in: The double opt-in process includes two steps. In step 1, a potential subscriber fills out everest forms. In step 2, they’ll receive a confirmation email and click a link to verify their email, which is added to your MailChimp list.
Use Conditional Logic: You may want to subscribe the users only if they fill certain fields. For example, in the figure above, the users will only be added to the MailChimp list if they check Subscribe to our newsletter checkbox.
How to add ‘subscribe to mailchimp’ field?
You can drag ‘checkboxes’ field and enter the subscribe to MailChimp in choices. Assign any label to it and from the advanced settings, hide label.