Before telling you how to set up groups. Let us first tell what are Groups.
Groups are simply a collection of Menu Item categories. It binds multiple menu item categories under a single name. The advantage of creating a group is that you can group different menu item categories and create as many groups as you want.
For example, if you want a special menu list to be created for Christmas, then you can create a new group called Christmas Menu and start adding food categories of your choice.
- Go to Menu RestaurantPress > Groups.
- Click an option Add Group or blue button Create you first food group !
- Give menu a name. For example, “Main Menu”.
- Now, under Group Data > General
- Choose Layout Type.
- Check Category Icon if you want to show a category icon beside the Menu item category name. Category icon can be uploaded from Menu Items > Categories.
- Check Disable featured image if you don’t want to show menu item images.
- Under Group Data > Grouping
- Select Menu item Categories you would like to show under this Menu Group.
- Click on Publish.
- And go to RestaurantPress->Groups
- Now, remember the “group id”. You can see the “group id” as shown below.
You will need this group id in order to display the menu items.
Follow this next step for displaying menu items in your page or post.