With the new Customize My Account Add-on, you can easily customize the My Account page of your WordPress website. The add-on allows you to manage the tabs on the My Account page. Therefore, you can change the slug, label, and user roles easily from the plugin settings. Additionally, you can also add any type of content to each tab such as text, media, and forms.
Each of the features of the User Registration Customize My Account add-on is explained below:
- Firstly, you need to purchase the plugin User Registration – Customize My Account add-on.
- After the successful purchase, you will get the plugin zip file under your WPEverest account page.
- Now, you can download the plugin zip file from there.
- Through your WordPress Dashboard, visit Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and then choose the downloaded zip file and then install and activate it.
- Now you are ready to use this add-on for your site.
Setup and Configuration
Once, you have completed the above-mentioned task of installing and activating the plugin, you can go to the Settings tab of User Registration. Here, the Customize My Account tab is added alongside other plugin settings.
In the Customize My Account tab, you can configure the general settings. There are four default tabs in the My Account tab: Dashboard, Edit Profile, Edit Password, and User Logout.
How to Edit Tabs?
Each tab settings has five settings that you can use to customize the tabs as per your requirement. They are:
- Endpoint Slug: This is the text that is used as the page URL for managing the individual My Account tabs. You can enter the desired slug text in this setting to change the slug of the tab but make sure it is unique for each page.
- Endpoint Label: This is the text that is displayed in the actual My Account tabs. You can also change the label and enter the label of your choice.
- Endpoint Icon: It is yet another feature that allows you to add an icon for your My Account tabs. There is a variety of icons to choose from so, you can select any one of these icons according to your requirements.
- User Roles: This option allows you to restrict the visibility of the tab to the selected user roles.
- Endpoint Custom Content: This option allows you to add custom content to the My Account tabs. Here, you get a WYSIWYG editor with an HTML editor. So, you can add any type of content like text, images, and even forms.
How to Add New tabs?
Other than the default tabs, the Add-on also allows you to add additional tabs to your My Account page. To add a new tab, click on the Add Endpoint button on the top-right of the settings. Once, you add a new tab you can edit and customize it according to your requirements.
How to Hide/Disable Tabs?
With this Add-on, you can hide any of the My Account tabs in the Frontend. This can be very useful when you don’t want to show some information to the users on your site. To hide/disable any tab, you need to turn off the Enabled option for the individual tab.
How to Manage and Delete Tabs?
Furthermore, the Add-on allows you to easily change the positions of the tab in the My Account page. You can simply drag and drop the tabs to place in the desired order.
Also, you can delete any of the additional tabs that you add to the My Account if you want. But, you cannot delete four Default tabs. To delete a tab, go to the respective tab and Click on the Delete button which is next to the Enabled option.