This add-on helps you to upload the files to your site when registering to your site. It is mostly useful when you provide your users to upload some of the documents to your site while registering.
- Firstly, you need to purchase the plugin User Registration – File Upload add-on.
- After the successful purchase, you will get the plugin zip file under your WPEverest account page.
- Now, you can download the plugin zip file from there.
- Through your WordPress Dashboard, visit Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and then choose the downloaded zip file and then install and activate it.
- Now you are ready to use this add-on for your site.
Setup and Configuration
Once, you have completed the above-mentioned task of installing and activating the plugin, now let’s move ahead on setting up this add-on for your site.
First of all, what you see is an extra tab of File Uploads when you visit User Registration -> Settings section after you have successfully installed this plugin added in your site. You can see the same as in the image below:
As in the above screenshot, it is the default options of this add-on. Here, you can see that you have two tabs inside this too, namely: Upload Settings and Uploaded Data. First of all, let’s discuss about what options inside the Upload Settings reside.
In this Upload Settings option, you have two options which are described below for:
- Valid file type: From this option, you can provide the option to your users to upload the file types for your site. For eg: if you want your user to only upload the pdf files then, you can choose the pdf option from here. But, if you want both pdf and jpeg file too then, you can choose both of them in that option there. The available option types are: pdf, doc, docx, jpg, jpeg, gif, png, mp3.
- Max file size to upload: From this option, you can restrict your users to upload the file size setup there as Kb, ie, if you add there 1024 then, you are providing the users to upload the file size upto 1Mb and if you add 2048, then, you are providing 2Mb of file to get uploaded to your site while registering for your site.
In the Uploaded Data option, there you can see only the option of Select registration form, which allows you to download the attached files of your users in zip format while they signed up for your site or updated their attached files.
Display the file upload option for your users
Now, knowing about the options available in this add-on, let’s move ahead and add this add-on to your registration form.
Here, what you have to do is, you need to create a new registration form or edit the required registration form for your site. So, while you are on the registration form creation or editing stage, you will notice that you have got one extra field named as File under the Extra Fields section.
Here, you just need to drag and drop that pointed out field provided via this File Upload add-on for your site in the required field for user registration and save the changes of the form. Now, when you visit the registration page, you will get this extra filed added for your site while registering for your site. You can see the similar output for your site too as below:
After you have added this for your site then, you will have an extra option while editing the user profile, which is named as User Extra Information and under it, you have the option of File, from which you can change the attachment file at any time you require. Also, if the user want to change that too, then, they can change it via their My Account page.