MailChimp add-on to the User Registration plugin synchronizes MailChimp with User Registration plugin.
- First, purchase the User Registration – MailChimp add-on.
- After the process succeeds, you will get the add-on zip file under your WPEverest account page.
- Now, you can download the add-on zip file from there.
- After you log into your WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New and click Upload Plugin button available there and choose the file you’ve downloaded and click Install Now button.
- This will install the add-on. Now, you’ve to activate the addon from the Install plugin list.
- Now you are ready to use this add-on for your site.
Setup and Configuration
After activating the add-on, you’ll see an extra MailChimp link add to the Submenu of User Registration, click there for setting up MailChimp.
On that MailChimp page, add MailChimp API Key from your MailChimp account which is available under Account name > Profile > Extra( Menu ) > API Keys and save. ( Know about API Keys )
Now, create a MailChimp list as instructed here if you’ve not created one.
Note: the synchronization occurs every 24 hours automatically in the background. So, you’ve to click on Force synchronize with Mailchimp button to synchronize newly created list.
Here, be aware that your User Registration form should match data type with the field that is in MailChimp form ( under List > Setting > List fields and *|MERGE|* tags ) to get the data User registration form to MailChimp list.
For example, we have Email Address, First Name, Last Name, Phone Number in our MailChimp list fields, so our User Registration also has fields to represent that information.
Also, you should add MailChimp field in your form and select the MailChimp list that you’re trying to synchronize from Field Options > Advanced setting.
Enable Double Opt-In
If you want to send a verification message to users before subscribe, check the checkbox.
This button shows you to change options to map MailChimp field with User registration fields.
Now, if you goto the MailChimp dashboard screen, you’ll see the MailChimp list,
Select your list from the drop-down which will show up the option to select an appropriate User registration form field to synchronize with and save.
After that, if any user registers to your site from User registration sign-up form, it will be synchronized to MailChimp list.
Note that, if you’ve checked Enable Double Opt-In, the subscription occurs only after user verified it from email.
User Registration – MailChimp: verification message