Payments ( PayPal )
This add-on helps you integrate PayPal into your forms for registration fee payments, donations, and more. Pay for registration without directly using your credit or debit card, with connected email address.
- Firstly, you need to purchase the plugin User Registration – Payments ( PayPal ) add-on.
- After the successful purchase, you will get the plugin zip file under your WPEverest account page.
- Now, you can download the plugin zip file from there.
- Through your WordPress Dashboard, visit Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and then choose the downloaded zip file and then install and activate it.
- Now you are ready to use this add-on for your site.
Setup and Configuration
Once, you have completed the above-mentioned task of installing and activating the plugin, now let’s move ahead on setting up this add-on for your site. We will now see the single item payment field to drag and drop.
You can set the item price from the single item settings.
The item type description:
- Pre Defined: If set pre defined, users won’t be allowed to change the item price later in the frontend.
- User Defined: If set user defined, users can change the item price from the frontend ( suitable for donation type ).
- Hidden: If the single item input type is hidden, It will not be displayed in the frontend and the price set on item price will be the product’s price.
You can also have multiple single items in the registration form with separate prices and item type. For e.g. in the form below, three single item fields are chosen with separate item types.
In this case, the total of the three fields will be the product’s price.
Have a look at the fronted display.
Since, the registration fee has the item type user defined, the user can input the amount they wish. The charge here will be the Registration Fee + Other Charges + Hidden Charge.
Now, let us have a look at the settings.
The currency of the price is by default US $. You can change the currency from User Registration->Settings->Payments->Currency.
Enable PayPal Payment: To enable or disable the PayPal Payment Option.
PayPal Email Address: The email address of the payment receiver.
Mode: Sandbox or production mode. Sandbox mode for testing purpose.
Payment Type: Products and Services or donation. The type of payment.
Cancel URL: Redirect url if the user cancels after redirecting to paypal.
Return URL: Redirect url after the payment process.
You may not allow the users to login until the payment process is complete. For this we have the Payment Before Login Option: Navigate to the dashboard User Registration->Settings->General->User Login Options. Note that if you have any other login option, users will be allowed to login even if the payment is not completed.
You can also, customize the frontend message after registraion form User Registration->Settings->General->Frontend Messages->Payment Before Registration.
If you have chosen payment before login, emails will be triggered notifying the pending and successful emails. You can customize the emails from User Registration->Settings->Emails.
Admins can view the users payment status from users tab.
Also, the whole payment information from their profile right below user’s extra information.
Users can also view their payment status from payments tab in user’s my account.
All the best !