The Constant Contact Add-on for Everest Forms links your WordPress forms to your Constant Contact account effortlessly. So, you can add users collected through the forms to any email list or interest group in Constant Contact.
- Firstly, you need to purchase the Everest Forms Pro plugin.
- After the successful purchase, you will get the plugin zip file under your WPEverest account page.
- Now, you can download the Everest forms pro plugin and Constant Contact add-on.
- Through your WordPress Dashboard, visit Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and then choose the downloaded zip file and then install and activate it.
- Now you are ready to use this add-on for your site.
- Once you have entered the Everest Forms Pro license on your site, go to Everest Forms > Add-ons.
- Search for the ‘Constant Contact‘ add-on.
- Click on ‘Install‘.
- Once the installation is finished, click on ‘Activate‘. The add-on will be activated.
Setup and Configuration #
Before we continue, you will need a client ID for Constant Contact to be connected with the Everest Forms.
Getting Client ID and Secret #
- Log in or Sign up for the Constant Contact.
- Go to the Developer Console of Constant Contact from here.
- Click on ‘My Applications’.
- Click on ‘New Application’.
- Fill in the Application name and click ‘Create’. Do not tweak with other settings here.
- You will be redirected to the ‘My Application Dashboard‘.
- Click on the application you have just created or, click on Edit.
- Add the Redirect URL and click on ‘Save’.
URL Formats: Redirect URL: https://yoursite.com/wp-admin/?evf_constant_contact_auth=1
- Copy the Client ID and click on ‘Generate Client Secret’.
- Copy the generated client secret and keep it safe for the next steps.
Integrating the Constant Contact with Everest Forms #
Once you have generated and copied the Client ID and secret from the Constant Contact account, go to Everest Forms > Settings > Integration > Constant Contact. Add the Client ID and click on ‘Get Access Code’.
Now, add the access code on the ‘Constant Contact Access Code’ option and the client secret ID on the ‘Constant Contact Client Secret’ option. Add a nickname and click on ‘Connect to Constant Contact’. Now, the connection will be created successfully.
Adding Connections for individual forms #
Once you have set up the required credentials on the main settings, it’s time for you to add a new connection for your forms. For this, go to the required form’s editor page. Click on ‘Integration’ from the available tabs. You will find an option called ‘Constant Contact‘ from which you can add a new connection.
- Click on the ‘Add New Connection‘ button and a pop-up will appear. Add the name of the connection.
- Click on ‘OK‘ after adding the name and the connection is added.
Now, select the required account, lists and then map the fields accordingly. Also, you can map the Everest Forms fields with Constant Contact’s custom fields.
How to use conditional logic for Constant Contact connections? #
To use conditional logic, enable the option by ticking the ‘Use Conditional Logic’ option at the bottom of every connection you make.
In the above example, the form sends data to the Constant Contact account only if the First Name is ‘Everest’.
Note: You can add more than one connections.